Re: linux-next: Tree for Aug 30

From: Guenter Roeck
Date: Mon Sep 02 2019 - 09:12:01 EST

On Sun, Sep 01, 2019 at 11:22:26AM -0700, Guenter Roeck wrote:
On Sat, Aug 31, 2019 at 12:36:13AM +1000, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
Hi all,

Changes since 20190829:

The compiler-attributes tree gained a build failure for which I reverted
a commit.

The arm-soc tree gained a conflict against the arm tree.

The csky tree gained a conflict against the dma-mapping tree.

The fuse tree gained a conflict against the fsverity tree.

The vfs tree gained conflicts against the fuse tree.

The pci tree gained a build failure for which I revereted a commit.

The net-next tree still had its build failure for which I applied a patch.
It also gained a conflict against the net tree.

The regulator tree still has its build failure for which I reverted
a commit.

The keys tree still has its build failure so I used the version from
next-20190828.

The driver-core tree lost its build failure.

The staging tree got conflicts against the net-next and usb trees.

The akpm-current tree gained a build failure due to an interaction with
the hmm tree for which I applied a patch.

Something in the fixup patch seems to be wrong. I get the following
error with sh4 boot tests when booting from usb.

sm501-usb sm501-usb: OHCI Unrecoverable Error, disabled
sm501-usb sm501-usb: HC died; cleaning up

Unfortunately, bisect doesn't help much (see below). Reverting the fixup
patch as well as the offending patch (plus a context patch) alone does
not help either. Further analysis shows that the problem exists since
at least next-20190823. Another round of bisect on next-20190827 suggests
another culprit (see second bisect below). Reverting all the offending
patches doesn't help either, though, only result in a different error.

usb 1-1: new full-speed USB device number 2 using sm501-usb
sm501-usb sm501-usb: DMA map on device without dma_mask

With that, I am giving up. Copying Christoph as he appears to be heavily
involved in the patch series causing the problems.

What was the last tree you tested that works perfectly?

next-20190822

Guenter