Re: Status of Subsystems

From: Sebastian Duda
Date: Tue Aug 20 2019 - 09:56:31 EST

On 20.08.19 15:14, Pali RohÃr wrote:
On Tuesday 20 August 2019 15:05:51 Sebastian Duda wrote:
Hello Pali,

in my master thesis, I'm using the association of subsystems to
maintainers/reviewers and its status given in the MAINTAINERS file.
During the research I noticed that there are several subsystems without a
status in the maintainers file. One of them is the subsystem `ALPS PS/2
TOUCHPAD DRIVER` where you're mentioned as reviewer.

Is it intended not to mention a status for your subsystems?
What is the current status of these systems?

Kind regards
Sebastian Duda

Hi Sebastian! ALPS PS/2 is a driver for ALPS touchpad. They can be
found on more laptops. And ALPS PS/2 itself is not separate subsystem.
It is just driver which is part of kernel input subsystem with mailing
list linux-input@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Pali,

so the status of the files is inherited from the subsystem `INPUT MULTITOUCH (MT) PROTOCOL`?

Is it the same with the subsystem `NOKIA N900 POWER SUPPLY DRIVERS` (respectively `POWER SUPPLY CLASS/SUBSYSTEM and DRIVERS`)?

Kind regards
Sebastian Duda