Re: regression in ath10k dma allocation

From: Christoph Hellwig
Date: Mon Aug 19 2019 - 22:14:58 EST

On Mon, Aug 19, 2019 at 06:58:52PM -0700, Nicolin Chen wrote:
> Right...the condition was in-between. However, not every caller
> of dma_alloc_contiguous() is supposed to have a coherent check.
> So we either add a 'bool coherent_ok' to the API or revert the
> dma-direct part back to the original. Probably former option is
> better?
>
> Thank you for the debugging. I have been a bit distracted, may
> not be able to submit a fix very soon. Would you like to help?

Yeah, it turns out that while the idea for the dma_alloc_contiguous
helper was neat it didn't work out at all, and me pushing Nicolin
down that route was not a very smart idea. Sorry for causing this
mess.

I think we'll just need to open code it for dma-direct for 5.3.
Hillf do you want to cook up a patch or should I do it?