[patch 00/44] posix-cpu-timers: Cleanup and consolidation

From: Thomas Gleixner
Date: Mon Aug 19 2019 - 11:45:40 EST

Folks!

While working on splitting the posix CPU timer expiry out into task
context, I took a deeper look at that code.

It contains quite some duplicated code and the abuse of struct task_cputime
along with the defines to rename the struct members just made my eyes bleed.

The following series cleans that up and consolidates and simplifies the
implementation. The resulting .text is about 15% smaller than the orignal
one.

It's split into small patches to make the review easier as this code is a
true can of worms and the larger patches I had initially were just an
invitation to overlook subtle issues.

The series applies on top of:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tip/tip.git timers/core

and is available from git as well:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tip/tip.git WIP.timers/core

Thanks,

tglx

8<--------------
include/linux/alarmtimer.h | 3