Re: linux-next: manual merge of the sound-asoc tree with the sound tree

From: Pierre-Louis Bossart
Date: Thu Aug 01 2019 - 12:46:58 EST

On 7/31/19 9:50 PM, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the sound-asoc tree got conflicts in:

sound/soc/intel/skylake/skl-nhlt.c
sound/soc/intel/skylake/skl.h

between commit:

1169cbf6b98e ("ASoC: Intel: Skylake: use common NHLT module")

from the sound tree and commit:

bcc2a2dc3ba8 ("ASoC: Intel: Skylake: Merge skl_sst and skl into skl_dev struct")

from the sound-asoc tree.

I fixed it up (I think, see below (I used the sound tree version of
ound/soc/intel/skylake/skl-nhlt.c)) and can carry the fix as necessary.
This is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non
trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when
your tree is submitted for merging. You may also want to consider
cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any
particularly complex conflicts.

Mark, this comes my NHLT fixes merged by Takashi and available on his topic/hda-dmic branch.

This can be fixed by merging this topic/hda-dmic into your for-next branch, with a minor set of merge conflicts already identified by Stephen.

If you don't like merge conflicts, we can also do this with revert-merge-reapply, I pushed a branch https://github.com/plbossart/sound/commits/fix/nhlt-conflicts to provide the sequence needed

Sorry about that, let me know if I can help further.
-Pierre