Re: [v4 2/3] treewide: Remove dev_err() usage after platform_get_irq()

From: Markus Elfring
Date: Wed Jul 24 2019 - 07:18:28 EST

> > > struct platform_device *E;

How much does this specification matter for the parameters
of the mentioned functions (in the SmPL script)?
Will the selection of function names be sufficient for the discussed
source code search pattern?

> > Can you teach it to remove curly braces when it's appropriate?
> > (see below for examples)
>
> I don't know if that works.

Such an adjustment depends on additional development efforts.

> Is there some sort of tidy script I can run on my patches to do this?

You can add corresponding case distinctions to your transformation approach
for the semantic patch language (on demand), can't you?

Regards,
Markus