Re: [GIT PULL] xfs: new features for 5.3

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Fri Jul 12 2019 - 20:27:38 EST

On Fri, Jul 12, 2019 at 11:02 AM Darrick J. Wong <djwong@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The branch merges cleanly against this morning's HEAD and survived an
> overnight run of xfstests. The merge was completely straightforward, so
> please let me know if you run into anything weird.

Hmm. I don't know what you merged against, but it got a (fairly
trivial) conflict for me due to

79d08f89bb1b ("block: fix .bi_size overflow")

from the block merge (from Tuesday) touching a line next to one changed by

a24737359667 ("xfs: simplify xfs_chain_bio")

from this pull.

So it wasn't an entirely clean merge for me.

Was it a complex merge conflict? No. I'm just confused by the "merges
cleanly against this morning's HEAD", which makes me wonder what you
tried to merge against..

Linus