Re: BUG: MAX_STACK_TRACE_ENTRIES too low! (2)

From: Bart Van Assche
Date: Wed Jul 10 2019 - 15:09:38 EST

On 7/10/19 11:44 AM, Eric Dumazet wrote:
> If anything using workqueues in dynamically allocated objects can turn off lockdep,
> we have a serious issue.

As far as I know that issue is only hit by syzbot tests. Anyway, I see
two possible paths forward:
* Revert the patch that makes workqueues use dynamic lockdep keys and
thereby reintroduce the false positives that lockdep reports if
different workqueues share a lockdep key. I think there is agreement
that having to analyze lockdep false positives is annoying, time
consuming and something nobody likes.
* Modify lockdep such that space in its fixed size arrays that is no
longer in use gets reused. Since the stack traces saved in the
stack_trace[] array have a variable size that array will have to be
compacted to avoid fragmentation.

Did I overlook anything?

Bart.