Re: Coccinelle: Checking the deletion of duplicate of_node_put() calls with SmPL

From: Markus Elfring
Date: Wed Jul 10 2019 - 01:56:46 EST

> But I wonder at the moment why it does not work (as expected) for the original
> complete source file.

I discovered that a diff hunk (or usable patch?) is generated
if the return statement is deleted (or commented out) before the jump label
which refers to a potentially unwanted function call at the mentioned place.
How will the support evolve for automatic adjustment of such source code
combinations by the semantic patch language (Coccinelle software)?

Regards,
Markus