Re: [GIT PULL] x86/topology changes for v5.3

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Tue Jul 09 2019 - 21:00:05 EST

On Tue, Jul 9, 2019 at 4:00 PM Thomas Gleixner <tglx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> That still does not explain the cr4/0 issue you have. Can you send me your
> .config please?

Gaah. Now I'm off my desktop and won't be at it again until tomorrow.
And that's the one that bisected to the cr0/cr4 bits (and I did all my
bisection on that because it's so much faster).

Anyway, the kernel config itself is pretty simple. It's basically a
F30 kernel config that has been through "make localmodconfig" and then
pared down some more to remove stuff I don't use (paravirt etc). I
would expect that if it's a confiuration difference, it's more likely
to be about the user mode side - since the hang does seem to happen in
user mode, not in the kernel (but a very early problem at cpu bringup
time could easily have been hidden).

On my laptop (which I am at right now), the hang is different, and
maybe it's similar to your ACPI hang issue. I will try that revert,
and at least see if that solves the laptop side.

Linus