Re: [GIT PULL] x86/topology changes for v5.3

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Tue Jul 09 2019 - 17:21:09 EST

After doing a lot of build testing and merging, I finally got around
to actually boot-testing the result.

Something in this series has broken booting for me. Or rather, things
*boot*, but then it hangs in user space, with

A start job is running for udev Wait for Complete Device Initialization

it does this on both my desktop and laptop, although the exact hang is
different (on my laptop, it hangs earlier - I don't even get to input
the disk encryption keys).

I'm bisecting, and it will take a while to pinpoint, but I can already
tell that it's from one of these pulls:

Pull x86 topology updates from Ingo Molnar:
Pull x86 platform updayes from Ingo Molnar:
Pull x86 paravirt updates from Ingo Molnar:
Pull x86 AVX512 status update from Ingo Molnar:
Pull x86 cleanups from Ingo Molnar:
Pull x86 cache resource control update from Ingo Molnar:
Pull x86 build updates from Ingo Molnar:
Pull x86 asm updates from Ingo Molnar:
Pull scheduler updates from Ingo Molnar:

Will keep you updated as bisection narrows it down.

Linus