Re: m68k build failures in -next: undefined reference to `arch_dma_prep_coherent'

From: Geert Uytterhoeven
Date: Mon Jul 08 2019 - 16:36:19 EST

Hi Christoph,

On Mon, Jul 8, 2019 at 10:22 PM Christoph Hellwig <hch@xxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 08, 2019 at 10:19:41PM +0200, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> > Yeah, it started when I queued up the DMA rework.
> > I didn't double-check when Greg said it was OK for him, as it wouldn't affect
> > Coldfire or mmu. Sorry for that.
> > And that has just been pulled by Linus... Oops...

Note that the build failure is more subtle: both m5307c3_defconfig and
m5475evb_defconfig build fine in m68k/for-linus, but fail in
next-20190708. So it fails when combined with other changes, going
in through a different tree (the DMA tree?).

> The fix should have been in your inbox for a while..

Thanks, your patch fixes that.
Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

Geert

-- Linus Torvalds