Re: [BUG] net: dm9600: false link status

From: Andrew Lunn
Date: Mon Jul 01 2019 - 09:29:27 EST

> But thoses chips should have marking (according to some photos on
> the web), so I probably own a counterfeiting of a
> clone/counterfeiting.

> At least, now i know that have a chip not designed to work with an external PHY, so all EXTPHY registers could be ignored.
> My last ressort is to brute force all values until something happen.

Does the rest of this work? You can actually transmit/receive frames,
but it is a 10/Half? So the MAC is working, just the PHY is missing?

> My simple tries, write 0xsomeval everywhere, lead to something, phy/eeprom return now 0x000y.
> Probably, this chip doesnt have any PHY...

If you look at dm9601_mdio_write() and dm9601_mdio_read() it always
passes 1. 0 is used for the EEPROM, at least in a real device. so try
1-31 and see if you get anything interesting.

Andrew