Re: [RFC] printk/sysrq: Don't play with console_loglevel

From: Sergey Senozhatsky
Date: Tue May 28 2019 - 00:25:31 EST

On (05/28/19 12:21), Tetsuo Handa wrote:
[..]
> What I suggested in my proposal ("printk: Introduce "store now but print later" prefix." at
> https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/1550896930-12324-1-git-send-email-penguin-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/T/#u )
> is "whether the caller wants to defer printing to consoles regarding
> this printk() call". And your suggestion is "whether the caller wants
> to apply ignore_loglevel regarding this printk() call".

I'm not sure about "store now but print later" here. What Dmitry is
talking about:

bump console_loglevel on *this* particular CPU only,
not system-wide.
/* Which is implemented in a form of - all messages from this-CPU
* only should be printed regardless the loglevel, the rest should
* pass the usual suppress_message_printing() check. */

-ss