Re: Oops caused by race between livepatch and ftrace

From: Johannes Erdfelt
Date: Mon May 20 2019 - 17:50:31 EST

On Mon, May 20, 2019, Josh Poimboeuf <jpoimboe@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I think you must have been looking at an old version.
>
> [(v5.2-rc1)] ~/git/linux $ grep jeyu MAINTAINERS
> M: Jessica Yu <jeyu@xxxxxxxxxx>

Operator error on my part. I was looking at a different directory with
an old branch checked out. Sorry!

> Can you try this patch (completely untested)?

It seems to be working fine for me. No crashes in a loop for a few
minutes, when it would usually only take a couple of tries to reproduce
the issue for me.

I'll see if I can better reproduce the race from the ftrace side since
every crash I have seen for this issue has been in apply_relocate_add
on the livepatch side.

JE