Re: [GIT PULL] asm-generic: kill <asm/segment.h> and improve nommu generic uaccess helpers

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Thu May 16 2019 - 14:43:52 EST

On Thu, May 16, 2019 at 5:09 AM Arnd Bergmann <arnd@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/arnd/asm-generic.git
> tags/asm-generic-nommu

Interesting. I haven't seen this error before:

# gpg: Signature made Tue 23 Apr 2019 12:54:49 PM PDT
# gpg: using RSA key 60AB47FFC9095227
# gpg: bad data signature from key 60AB47FFC9095227: Wrong key usage
(0x00, 0x4)
# gpg: Can't check signature: Wrong key usage

I think it means that you signed it with a key that was marked for
encryption only or something like that.

But gpg being the wonderful self-explanatory great UX that it is, I
have no effin clue what it really means.

Looking at the git history, it turns out this has happened a before
from you, and in fact goes back to pull requests from 2012.

Either I just didn't notice - which sounds unlikely for something that
has been going on for 7+ years - or the actual check and error is new
to gpg, and I only notice it this merge window because I've upgraded
to F30.

Linus