Re: [GIT PULL] RISC-V Patches for the 5.2 Merge Window, Part 1

From: Palmer Dabbelt
Date: Wed May 15 2019 - 21:58:24 EST

On Wed, 15 May 2019 18:49:57 PDT (-0700), Linus Torvalds wrote:
On Wed, May 15, 2019 at 6:43 PM Palmer Dabbelt <palmer@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Linus: I'm not sure how to tag this PR as a mistake, so I'm going to just send
another one. If this gets merged then I'll handle the follow-on.

Just emailing in the same thread ends up with me hopefully seeing the
"oops, cancel pull request" before I actually pull, so you did the
right thing.

To make sure, you _could_ obviously also just force-remove the tag you
asked me to pull, so that if I miss an email any pull attempt of mine
would just fail.

Ah, OK, I hadn't thought of that one.

.., and if were to have ended up pulling before you sent the cancel
email and/or removed the tag, it's obviously all too late, and then
we'd have to fix things up after the fact, but at least this time it
got caught in time.

Ya, that's fine. It's just an extra 0-length file that doesn't get built
("file." instead of "file.c"), which explains how it went unnoticed. That
said, it's a bit of an embarassment and I wanted to submit two more patches
anyway so I was going to send another PR. The rebased patches are sitting on
my for-next now, I'll send them up tomorrow unless someone points something
out.

Thanks for the quick reply!