Re: [REGRESSION] usb: gadget: f_fs: Allow scatter-gather buffers

From: Andrzej Pietrasiewicz
Date: Thu May 09 2019 - 10:04:00 EST

Hi John,
W dniu 08.05.2019 oÂ04:18, John Stultz pisze:
Since commit 772a7a724f69 ("usb: gadget: f_fs: Allow scatter-gather
buffers"), I've been seeing trouble with adb transfers in Android on
HiKey960, HiKey and now Dragonboard 845c.

Sometimes things crash, but often the transfers just stop w/o any
obvious error messages.

Initially I thought it was an issue with the HiKey960 dwc3 usb patches
being upstreamed, and was using the following hack workaround:
https://git.linaro.org/people/john.stultz/android-dev.git/commit/?h=dev/hikey960-5.1&id=dcdadaaec9db7a7b78ea9b838dd1453359a2f388

Then dwc2 added sg support, and I ended up having to revert it to get
by on HiKey:
https://git.linaro.org/people/john.stultz/android-dev.git/commit/?h=dev/hikey-5.1&id=6e91b4c7bd1e94bdd835263403c53e85a677b848

(See thread here: https://lkml.org/lkml/2019/3/8/765)

So the thread says there are problems at boot, but here you mention about
adb transfers, which must obviously be happening after the board has booted.
Do you experience problems at boot or not?

If a crash happens, what is in the log?

Andrzej