Re: [GIT PULL] spi updates for v5.2

From: Brian Masney
Date: Wed May 08 2019 - 06:21:47 EST

On Wed, May 08, 2019 at 03:09:36PM +0900, Mark Brown wrote:
> On Tue, May 07, 2019 at 02:07:30PM +0200, Sebastian Reichel wrote:
>
> > FWIW, I send out kernel.org mails via mail.kernel.org. Konstantin
> > added that service in 2014. You can get a password with
>
> > ssh git@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx getsmtppass
> >
> > and then use the following settings for (example for git):
>
> I'd have to send all mail out via kernel.org to do that, or persuade a
> MTA to route mail differently based on contents which seems interesting
> - I inject most of my mail via /usr/sbin/sendmail rather than SMTP
> (including a bunch of scripts).

I use a program called msmtp (https://marlam.de/msmtp/) to route email
to different SMTP servers based on my sender address. Once you have your
accounts configured, replace the call to the sendmail binary in your MUA
with msmtp and it'll route the email differently for you. It's included
in the package repositories for most major Linux distributions. Here's
two resources I found that show how to configure mutt and git send-email
to use msmtp:

https://hostpresto.com/community/tutorials/how-to-send-email-from-the-command-line-with-msmtp-and-mutt/
https://jordonwu.github.io/blog/2015/12/01/git-send-email-and-msmtp-config/

Once you have msmtp setup, send test emails from each of your accounts
to check-auth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx to have a bot verify that your email
is setup properly (DKIM, SPF, reverse DNS, etc).

Brian