Re: [GIT PULL] Staging/IIO driver patches for 5.2-rc1

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Tue May 07 2019 - 16:34:21 EST

On Tue, May 7, 2019 at 10:59 AM Greg KH <gregkh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> All of these have been in linux-next for a while with no reported
> issues, other than an odd gcc warning for one of the new drivers that
> should be fixed up soon.

Ok, that's truly a funky warning.

But since I don't deal well with warnings, particularly during the
merge window, I just fixed it up in the merge.

The fix is to simply not have a bitfield base type of "unsigned char",
and have it cross a char boundary. Instead the base type should just
be "unsigned int".

Of course, I couldn't test my change, but it shuts the compiler up,
and it very much looks like the right thing.

Linus