bos

From: Laurent Dufour
Date: Tue Apr 23 2019 - 09:37:09 EST

Le 23/04/2019 Ã 15:34, Thomas Gleixner a ÃcritÂ:
On Tue, 23 Apr 2019, Laurent Dufour wrote:
Le 20/04/2019 Ã 12:31, Michael Ellerman a ÃcritÂ:
Thomas Gleixner <tglx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
Aside of that the powerpc variant looks suspicious:

static inline void arch_unmap(struct mm_struct *mm,
unsigned long start, unsigned long end)
{
if (start <= mm->context.vdso_base && mm->context.vdso_base < end)
mm->context.vdso_base = 0;
}

Shouldn't that be:

if (start >= mm->context.vdso_base && mm->context.vdso_base < end)

Hmm?

Yeah looks pretty suspicious. I'll follow-up with Laurent who wrote it.
Thanks for spotting it!

I've to admit that I had to read that code carefully before answering.

There are 2 assumptions here:
1. 'start' and 'end' are page aligned (this is guaranteed by __do_munmap().
2. the VDSO is 1 page (this is guaranteed by the union vdso_data_store on
powerpc).

The idea is to handle a munmap() call surrounding the VDSO area:
| VDSO |
^start ^end

This is covered by this test, as the munmap() matching the exact boundaries of
the VDSO is handled too.

Am I missing something ?

Well if this is the intention, then you missed to add a comment explaining it :)

Thanks,

tglx

You're right, and I was thinking the same when I read that code this morning ;)

I'll propose a patch to a add an explicit comment.

Thanks,
Laurent.