Re: fs/adfs - keep or kill it?

From: Matthew Wilcox
Date: Thu Apr 04 2019 - 16:55:50 EST

On Thu, Apr 04, 2019 at 09:44:24PM +0100, Stuart Swales wrote:
> On 04/04/2019 11:35, Russell King - ARM Linux admin wrote:
> Have posted on the RISC OS Open site. I imagine some people will
> complain just because they can. Can't see a need for it in new kernels
> myself; people can always use old systems if they need to get data off
> old ADFS IDE drives like I had to.

If it's just grabbing old data, it's far better to do that with a
userspace tool which understands the ADFS layout (several exist).
The only good reason for keeping fs/adfs/ alive is if there's need to
continue to access data that lives on an ADFS filesystem and needs to
be read/written by both a RISC OS host and a Linux host.