Re: Realtek r8822be kernel module does not negotiate 802.11ac connection

From: Larry Finger
Date: Fri Mar 01 2019 - 12:28:11 EST

On 2/28/19 8:32 PM, David R. Bergstein wrote:
Tony,

Thanks for your response. Can you advise as to the availability of the
new rtw88 driver? As it appears to be under development, I could not
locate a copy of the code for local compilation.

David,

Use the command 'git clone http://github.com/lwfinger/rtlwifi_new.git -b rtw88' to get a copy of the new driver for RTL8822BE and RTL8822CE in a stand-alone form. All that is needed is 'cd rtlwifi_new && make && sudo make install'. This version will build on kernels v4.4 and newer. As I have time, I will be backporting to kernels at least as old as 4.0.

I would appreciate your comments and bug reports.

Larry