Re: [tip:x86/boot] x86/boot: Early parse RSDP and save it in boot_params

From: Borislav Petkov
Date: Mon Feb 11 2019 - 06:05:00 EST

On Mon, Feb 11, 2019 at 10:46:18AM +0000, Ard Biesheuvel wrote:
> As I pointed out in my previous reply, systab will be the wrong type
> on 32-bit firmware, it needs to be efi_system_table_32_t

Yeah, that seems to work. It boots now and it says:

[ 0.000000] efi: No EFI runtime due to 32/64-bit mismatch with kernel

Do you think we should mirror that behavoir early too, so that people
don't get any ideas?

Or should we limit that only to the RDSP address computation and
anything else where kernel and EFI bitness mismatch should be disabled?

Thanks Ard!

--
Regards/Gruss,
Boris.

Good mailing practices for 400: avoid top-posting and trim the reply.