Re: [RFC 2/7] domainsctrl: Introduce domains controller framework

From: Mark Brown
Date: Thu Jan 17 2019 - 12:28:09 EST

On Mon, Jan 14, 2019 at 03:41:57PM +0100, Benjamin Gaignard wrote:

> Configurations could be applied with functions like
> domainsctrl_set_config_by_index() or domainsctrl_set_config_by_name().

Do you have any clients in the works for this? It seems fairly likely
that everything is fine in terms of setting the mode but it'd be good to
confirm that's the case. The main thing I can think of that might be a
problem here is how you'd handle a case where we were talking to another
processor that owns the permissions, we'd probably want more ways to
query state there but I'm thinking there'd likely be some other higher
level way to talk to the other processor there so perhaps it's moot.

Otherwise this all looks pretty clean and simple, there's some handling
for probe deferral in there which is the only slightly complex thing I
noticed.