Re: linux-next: Fixes tag needs some work in the clk tree

From: Stephen Boyd
Date: Wed Jan 16 2019 - 17:36:03 EST

Quoting Stephen Rothwell (2019-01-15 13:34:40)
> [I am experimenting with checking the Fixes tags in commits in linux-next.
> Please let me know if you think I am being too strict.]
>
> Hi all,
>
> Commit
>
> b488517b28a4 ("clk: socfpga: stratix10: fix naming convention for the fixed-clocks")
>
> has a malformed Fixes tag:
>
> Fixes: 07afb8db7340 ("clk: socfpga: stratix10: add clock driver for
> Stratix10 platform")
>
> It should not be split over 2 lines.

Ok sure. Does this matter to scripts? Is it documented in
Documentation/process/submitting-patches.rst? I've seen both types, one
line or many lines, so I'm happy to mandate a policy as long as it's
documented. Maybe also checkpatch can complain about this so that people
don't submit patches "the wrong way".