Re: [RFC v3 17/21] iommu/smmuv3: Report non recoverable faults

From: Jean-Philippe Brucker
Date: Wed Jan 16 2019 - 07:25:58 EST

On 15/01/2019 21:06, Auger Eric wrote:
>>> + iommu_report_device_fault(master->dev, &event);
>>
>> We should return here if the fault is successfully injected
>
> Even if the fault gets injected in the guest can't it be still useful to
> get the message below on host side?

I don't think we should let the guest flood the host log by issuing
invalid DMA (or are there other cases where the guest can freely print
stuff in the host?) We do print all errors at the moment, but we should
tighten this once there is an upstream solution to let the guest control
DMA mappings.

Thanks,
Jean