Re: Why choose Debian on server

From: vsnsdualce
Date: Mon Jan 07 2019 - 20:23:42 EST

Indeed.
Anything _with_ systemd is insecure.
Any linux distro _without_ the GRSecurity patch is insecure.

There is nothing secure about Debian.

Linux kernel is swiss cheese without the GRSecurity/PaX etc patch.
(BTW: GRSecurity is currently (Blatantly) violating the licensing terms of the kernel by adding additional restrictive terms so as to prevent redistribution -- which has succeeded*)

*Infact the pro-CoC part of the kernel team itself seems to have been inspired by GRSecurity in some manners here, adding their own additional writing inorder to pressure, libel, and threaten civil torts against those who don't obey their speech codes. Threatening the various other copyright holders themselves.

(There is a remedy: Rescind)

Those are the facts.