Re: Applied "regulator: wm8994: Pass descriptor instead of GPIO number" to the regulator tree

From: Richard Fitzgerald
Date: Tue Nov 20 2018 - 12:10:31 EST

On 20/11/18 17:01, Mark Brown wrote:
On Tue, Nov 20, 2018 at 04:57:16PM +0000, Richard Fitzgerald wrote:
On 20/11/18 16:34, Marek Szyprowski wrote:

Deferred probe was there already. This patch however introduced the
warning from gpiolib and I would like to have it fixed somehow. In both

I don't follow what it is you want, are you asking that it shouldn't probe
defer, or that it shouldn't log the reason why it deferred?

He's complaining that gpiolib and/or the driver's usage of it shouldn't
be generating a backtrace in normal operation.

Ah, I didn't see that. I seem to have not received the start of this thread and
the subsequent discussion only includes the -517 warnings not a mention of
a backtrace.