[GIT PULL 0/4] ARM: SoC changes for 4.20

From: Arnd Bergmann
Date: Mon Oct 29 2018 - 17:18:43 EST

Hi Linus,

Here are the arm-soc changes for the current merge window, with a
little delay due to the conference travel last week.

This is feels a little bigger than the last few I did before Olof took
over for the summer. We have 965 non-merge changesets in the
branch, and we pulled from a total of 101 downstream branches this
time. In the top contributors, we have a few new names this time,
most of these worked specifically on one SoC platform:

128 Marcel Ziswiler
35 Biju Das
34 H. Nikolaus Schaller
27 Grygorii Strashko
25 Rob Herring
25 Manivannan Sadhasivam
23 Geert Uytterhoeven
23 Fabio Estevam
22 Aapo Vienamo
21 Fabrizio Castro
21 Anson Huang
15 Bjorn Andersson
14 Sergei Shtylyov
13 Krzysztof Kozlowski
12 Niklas Cassel
12 Nicolas Ferre
12 Alex Elder
11 Martin Blumenstingl
11 Marek Szyprowski
10 Suzuki K Poulose
10 Jerome Brunet

While the majority of the patches went into 32-bit ARM, this is
the first time I noticed more new boards getting added on 64-bit,
which seems like a significant departure from the past. Around
76% of the patches arch for dts files and bindings, 12% are for
drivers, and the rest is architecture specific code (the numbers
are not exact because of overlapping changes). In more detail,
this looks like

$ git diff --dirstat=0.1 v4.19-rc6..
0.5% Documentation/devicetree/bindings/arm/freescale/
0.5% Documentation/devicetree/bindings/arm/tegra/
0.5% Documentation/devicetree/bindings/arm/
0.2% Documentation/devicetree/bindings/firmware/xilinx/
0.1% Documentation/devicetree/bindings/firmware/
0.1% Documentation/devicetree/bindings/net/dsa/
0.1% Documentation/devicetree/bindings/reset/
0.2% Documentation/devicetree/bindings/
0.2% Documentation/xilinx/
36.2% arch/arm/boot/dts/
0.1% arch/arm/mach-exynos/