Re: XFS: Hang and dmesg flood on mounting invalid FS image

From: Dave Chinner
Date: Mon Oct 29 2018 - 03:10:48 EST

On Mon, Oct 29, 2018 at 09:57:20AM +0300, Anatoly Trosinenko wrote:
> > How did the corruption occur?
>
> It is a fuzzed image. Most probably, it was artificially "patched" by
> fuzzer. Or do you mean "what particular bytes were changed"?

I wondered how this specific corruption occurred in the real world.
If i was a real world problem, it would have been indicative of a
code bug if it did occur (i.e. whatever wrote the log record would
have been broken) but seeing as it's a fuzzer problem, I don't need
to look for any code bugs other than "we didn't validate the input
properly".

Cheers,

Dave.
--