Re: CAKE and r8169 cause panic on upload in v4.19

From: Oleksandr Natalenko
Date: Fri Oct 26 2018 - 16:54:18 EST

Hi.

On 26.10.2018 22:25, Dave Taht wrote:
Can you repeat your test, disabling gro splitting in cake?

the option is "no-split-gso"

Still panics. Takes a couple of rounds, but panics.

Moreover, I've stressed my HTB setup like this too for a longer time, and it panics as well. So, at least, now I have a proof this is not a CAKE-specific thing.

Also, I've stressed it even with noqueue, and the panic is still there. So, this thing is not even sch-specific.

Next, I've seen GRO bits in the call trace and decided to disable GRO on this NIC. So far, I cannot trigger a panic with GRO disabled even after 20 rounds of speedtest.

So, must be some generic thing indeed.

--
Oleksandr Natalenko (post-factum)