Re: HP DL585 warm boot fail (old)

From: Meelis Roos
Date: Wed Oct 24 2018 - 10:48:50 EST

Can you try the patch below? This is extracted from the code here:
https://github.com/joyent/illumos-joyent/blob/b6a0b04d591f5b877cfe05f45e81f0e8a5cfc2b3/usr/src/uts/intel/io/pci/pci_boot.c#L1805

Thank you. Unfortunately it does not change anything noticable.

I'm not sure why this would be only an intermittent problem, but at
least we can see if this is related.

It seems 4.19 and current git are 100% reproducers so far - I have not managed to
successfully boot either of them yet. I have seen 4.19-rc1 era git kernel booting at least once.

I noticed that Debian packaged 4.17 with initramfs worked fine so far for my test,
from these I have in grub menu. My selfcompiled kernels do not use initramfs.

--
Meelis Roos <mroos@xxxxxxxx>