Re: Re: BUG: corrupted list in p9_read_work

From: Dmitry Vyukov
Date: Wed Oct 10 2018 - 12:37:05 EST

On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 6:10 PM, Dominique Martinet
<asmadeus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dominique Martinet wrote on Wed, Oct 10, 2018:
>> It works though, is it just picky because I didn't end it in .git? let's
>> try again, sorry for the noise...
>>
>> #syz test: git://github.com/martinetd/linux.git e4ca13f7d075e551dc158df6af18fb412a1dba0a
>
> And I guess the commit hash needs to be in the default clone branch to
> work ?
> ('git fetch <repo> <hash>' happily fetches the commit in a new clone for
> me... But that feels like a github specific behaviour maybe)

yeeeep, this is bug:
https://github.com/google/syzkaller/issues/728

Turns out git fetch of a named remote and just a tree work
differently. The latter only fetches the main branch.

'git fetch <repo> <hash>' is it a thing? Is it something that requires
special server configuration? I remember something similar that wasn't
able to fetch a random commit hash all the time...

The plan was to make a named remote and then fetch it, this should
fetch everything.