Re: [RFC 2/4] pwm: sifive: Add a driver for SiFive SoC PWM

From: Thierry Reding
Date: Wed Oct 10 2018 - 09:44:09 EST

On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 06:11:29AM -0700, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
[...]
> > +static struct platform_driver sifive_pwm_driver = {
> > + .probe = sifive_pwm_probe,
> > + .remove = sifive_pwm_remove,
> > + .driver = {
> > + .name = "pwm-sifivem",
> > + .of_match_table = of_match_ptr(sifive_pwm_of_match),
> > + },
> > +};
>
> What about using tabs to align this a little more nicely?
>
> static struct platform_driver sifive_pwm_driver = {
> .probe = sifive_pwm_probe,
> .remove = sifive_pwm_remove,
> .driver = {
> .name = "pwm-sifivem",
> .of_match_table = of_match_ptr(sifive_pwm_of_match),
> },
> };

I discourage people from doing that because down the road somebody might
add a field here that's longer than the alignment tabs and then either
it becomes ugly or they either have to realign everything to keep it
pretty. Single spaces around '=' don't have that problem if used
consistently.

Thierry