Re: sdhci driver card-detect is broken because gpiolib can't fallback to _CRS?

From: Mika Westerberg
Date: Wed Sep 26 2018 - 03:48:04 EST

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 25, 2018 at 01:54:57PM -0700, Rajat Jain wrote:
> * Use con_id=NULL if it is dealing with a legacy BIOS (i.e. no _DSD
> properties in the ACPI).
> * Use con_id=<actual string> if it is dealing with a modern BIOS (i.e.
> which provides _DSD for the <string> property)

Or you can use con_id=<actual string> everywhere and supply
acpi_dev_add_driver_gpios() where needed to cover cases where BIOS does
not provide _DSD. See also Documentation/acpi/gpio-properties.txt for
more information.

In case of SDHCI I think the correct way is to stick using _CRS lookup
only because there typically is just one GpioInt() and I have not seen a
single BIOS yet where they implement _DSD for this besides yours. If
there is not way to change the BIOS implementation then I guess we just
need to amend the driver to call acpi_dev_add_driver_gpios().