Re: Code of Conduct: Let's revamp it.

From: Bernd Petrovitsch
Date: Tue Sep 25 2018 - 20:42:36 EST

On 25/09/2018 19:14, \0xDynamite wrote:
[...]
>>> So, is code a *published* item? Most of the public can't read it.
>>
>> I cannot read (or understand) neither Russian nor Chinese nor almost any
>> natural (let alone dead) languages of the world. I'm pretty sure that
>> I'm not the only one;-)
>> Does that make Russian literature non-public? I don't think so ...
>
> You confuse the issue. My definition included "intended for the
> public". But it isn't clear that open source code is intended for the

Well, then I have to repeat myself: Signed-off source code (in form of
patches) in a well-known programming language for a (nowadays)
well-known GPLv2 licensed project mailed on "everyone can subscribe"
mailinglists, (thus) to be found in several $SEARCH_ENGINE-indexed
mailinglist archives, if accepted to be found in lots of publicly
accessible git repos can be not intended to be published?

I wonder what else must happen.

> public -- it is intended for those who code or wish to.

MfG,
Bernd
--
Bernd Petrovitsch Email : bernd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx