Re: [LKP] [x86/pci] 7ffb31888c: PANIC:early_exception

From: Pu Wen
Date: Sun Sep 23 2018 - 06:05:32 EST

On 2018/9/20 17:39, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
I reproduced the PANIC by running lkp-tests with a Intel machine.

The reason is that the function early_is_amd_nb is called even if
running on Intel machine. At this case the misc_ids is NULL so the
PANIC occur.

I'll rework a patch to solve this problem, either restore the default
value of misc_ids with the original AMD one or not call early_is_amd_nb
on Intel platform.

Return when !AMD and !HYGON is the right thing to do. No point in checking
device ids which cannot happen in the first place.

All right, I reworked a new reversion which will return if it's Intel.

Thanks,
Pu Wen