Re: [LKP] [x86/pci] 7ffb31888c: PANIC:early_exception

From: Pu Wen
Date: Thu Sep 20 2018 - 04:47:44 EST

On 2018/9/20 8:26, Rong Chen wrote:
On 09/19/2018 09:53 PM, Pu Wen wrote:
I cannot reproduce this panic on Hygon Dhyana platform. I tired lkp-tests
both in Ubuntu 16.04 (with gcc-5) and Ubuntu 18.04 (with gcc-7).
What kind of host do you use to run the qemu? A Intel one or AMD one?
It's a Intel one,

model: Nehalem-EX
memory: 224G
nr_node: 4
nr_cpu: 64
nr_socket: 4
brand: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X7560 @ 2.27GHz

I reproduced the PANIC by running lkp-tests with a Intel machine.

The reason is that the function early_is_amd_nb is called even if
running on Intel machine. At this case the misc_ids is NULL so the
PANIC occur.

I'll rework a patch to solve this problem, either restore the default
value of misc_ids with the original AMD one or not call early_is_amd_nb
on Intel platform.

--
Regards,
Pu Wen