Re: pinctrl-icelake: driver writes to wrong offsets?

From: Mika Westerberg
Date: Tue Sep 18 2018 - 11:31:31 EST

On Tue, Sep 18, 2018 at 11:31:57AM +0300, Mika Westerberg wrote:
> > As you can see in the above example, when I export the pins and change
> > the directions from "in" to "out" PADCFG get updated correctly for pin
> > 18, but when writing the value, it is the PADCFG for pin 42 that gets
> > updated which is incorrect.
>
> It looks like we are missing translation (call intel_gpio_to_pin()) in
> intel_gpio_set(), intel_gpio_get() and intel_gpio_get_direction(). IIRC
> gpiolib handles the translation but here it seems not. Strange.
>
> > So this looks like a driver issue to me. Please let me know if I need
> > to file a bug on bugzilla for this.
>
> I agree, definitely driver issue. Please file bugzilla about this (add
> me and Andy there as well) and we'll investigate.

If you have not yet filed bugzilla about this then I don't think there
is need anymore as I think I have a fix already. It turns out with the
custom GPIO base (Ice Lake, Cannon Lake) the translation is missing
completely in ->get(), ->set() and ->get_direction() operations.

I'll send a proper patch shortly.