Re: [RFC 1/3] dt-bindings: Correct RISC-V's timebase-frequency

From: Atish Patra
Date: Mon Sep 17 2018 - 22:27:05 EST

From: Palmer Dabbelt <palmer@xxxxxxxxxx>

Someone must have read the device tree specification incorrectly,
because we were putting timebase-frequency in the wrong place. This
corrects the issue, moving it from

Last time this was brought up we actually had realy life DTs with
the timebase-frequency under cpus and not the invidual cpu node.

Unfortunately, it still is. I hope SiFive can publish the updated firmware with correct DT entries. I can patch BBL to fix these DT issues until the firmware update if that's accepted.

I think we need to just document both possibilities and live with
them.

Yup. That was the intention. I will update the document/commit text to reflect that.

Regards,
Atish