EDAC polling

From: Sodagudi Prasad
Date: Tue Sep 11 2018 - 09:09:05 EST

Hi All,

While adding edac_device control info using edac_device_add_device(), changed the poll_msec at client driver level.
For example -.
https://source.codeaurora.org/quic/la/kernel/msm-4.9/tree/drivers/edac/qcom_llcc_edac.c?h=msm-4.9#n385

I see that client driver request is not considered and always default value(1 second) is considered. During the initialization
edac_device_workq_setup sets poll_msed to 1 second.

int edac_device_add_device(struct edac_device_ctl_info *edac_dev)
{
/* If there IS a check routine, then we are running POLLED */
if (edac_dev->edac_check != NULL) {
/* This instance is NOW RUNNING */
edac_dev->op_state = OP_RUNNING_POLL;

/*
* enable workq processing on this instance,
* default = 1000 msec
*/
edac_device_workq_setup(edac_dev, 1000);
} else {
edac_dev->op_state = OP_RUNNING_INTERRUPT;
}

May I know why client edev_ctl->poll_msec settings is not considered?

-Thanks, Prasad

--
The Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of the Code Aurora Forum,
Linux Foundation Collaborative Project