Re: XArray -next inclusion request

From: Stephen Rothwell
Date: Thu Jul 05 2018 - 00:37:36 EST

Hi Willy,

On Wed, 4 Jul 2018 15:54:31 -0700 Matthew Wilcox <willy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have some additional patches for the IDA that I'd like to
> send to Linus as a separate pull request. Unfortunately, they conflict with
> the XArray patches, so I've done them as a separate branch in the same tree:
>
> git://git.infradead.org/users/willy/linux-dax.git ida
>
> Would you prefer to add them as a separate branch to linux-next (to be
> pulled after xarray), or would you prefer to replace the xarray pull
> with the ida pull? Either way, you'll get the same commits as the ida
> branch is based off the xarray branch.

I have added that as a new tree from today.

Thanks for adding your subsystem tree as a participant of linux-next. As
you may know, this is not a judgement of your code. The purpose of
linux-next is for integration testing and to lower the impact of
conflicts between subsystems in the next merge window.

You will need to ensure that the patches/commits in your tree/series have
been:
* submitted under GPL v2 (or later) and include the Contributor's
Signed-off-by,
* posted to the relevant mailing list,
* reviewed by you (or another maintainer of your subsystem tree),
* successfully unit tested, and
* destined for the current or next Linux merge window.

Basically, this should be just what you would send to Linus (or ask him
to fetch). It is allowed to be rebased if you deem it necessary.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell