Re: [RFC net-next 15/15] net: lora: Add Semtech SX1301

From: Mark Brown
Date: Wed Jul 04 2018 - 10:32:48 EST

On Wed, Jul 04, 2018 at 01:41:42PM +0000, Ben Whitten wrote:

Please fix your mail client to word wrap within paragraphs at something
substantially less than 80 columns. Doing this makes your messages much
easier to read and reply to.

> In my SX1257 driver currently the regmap is backed via SPI with
> devm_regmap_init_spi, please correct me if I am wrong but if I
> understand correctly this could be split out to regmap backed by SPI
> in the case of a direct host connection, and a regmap backed by the
> SX1301's regmapped strobing register interface, regmap_bus?

Yes.

> Is there a precedent to this I can examine?

There's lots of devices that provide both SPI and I2C, you'd just be
using a regmap_bus instead of the I2C one. I can't recall an example of
the specific combination you're looking for though.