Re: linux-next: manual merge of the y2038 tree with the overlayfs tree

From: Arnd Bergmann
Date: Fri Jun 15 2018 - 03:45:03 EST

On Fri, Jun 15, 2018 at 4:41 AM, Stephen Rothwell <sfr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> This is now a conflict between the overlayfs tree and Linus' tree. (I
> restarted my merging after I noticed that Linus merged more stuff.)

Right, I had mentioned this in my pull request message to Linus. Until
yesterday, I had the conflict resolution against the overlayfs and NFS
trees in my y2038 tree and was waiting for both to get merged first
so I could send the pull request. NFS got merged earlier this week,
and when I looked at the mail thread about overlayfs, I concluded that
it wouldn't make it: the changes in the overlayfs tree in linux-next
are the version that got Nak'ed earlier, and the discussion about
trying to fix it ended without a positive conclusion.

This should be addressed as soon as Miklos rebases his changes on
top of 4.18-rc1 for the following merge window.

Arnd