Re: [GIT PULL] KVM changes for 4.18 merge window

From: Dave Martin
Date: Wed Jun 13 2018 - 09:41:37 EST

On Tue, Jun 12, 2018 at 07:43:50PM +0100, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 12, 2018 at 7:03 AM Paolo Bonzini <pbonzini@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/virt/kvm/kvm.git tags/for-linus
>
> Grr. Several tedious conflicts. I fixed them all up, and they all
> looked trivial, but since most of them were to ARM cases, I couldn't
> even test the end result.
>
> I suspect the 'workaround_flags' could be merged into the (now)
> allegedly generic 'flags' field in the arm64 kvm_vcpu_arch structure,
> but I (obviously) didn't actually do that.

I think we decided that it was a bit premature to merge them, but we
will likely be able to do that later on.

> Adding some ARM people to the cc so that somebody on that side checks my merge.
>
> (Still going through my basic build tests, not pushed out yet, but I'm
> assuming that will finish cleanly and it should be pushed out soon).

I've now build-tested master (f5b7769eb0) in a few configurations
(particularly KVM + !KVM) for arch/arm. The main risk there is missing
new hooks called by the core virt/kvm/arm code.

For arm64 I've now done some basic boot/run/KVM testing as appropriate
on Juno and the Arm fast model for various configs (defconfig,
ARM64_SVE=n, KVM=n).

For the KVM/SVE interactions in particular, the merge looks good to me.

Cheers
---Dave