Re: INFO: task hung in fsnotify_mark_destroy_workfn

From: Martijn Coenen
Date: Tue Apr 24 2018 - 04:30:58 EST

On Wed, Apr 18, 2018 at 11:36 AM, Jan Kara <jack@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> OK, so we are waiting for the grace period on fsnotify_mark_srcu. Seems
> like someone is holding fsnotify_mark_srcu too long or srcu period cannot
> finish for some other reason. However the reproducer basically contains
> only one binder ioctl and I have no idea how that's connected with fsnotify
> in any way.

Yeah, binder isn't involved with fsnotify at all.

> So either the reproducer is wrong, or binder is corrupting
> memory and fsnotify is just a victim, or something like that...

>From the dumped stacks I don't see how binder is involved in that task
getting hung up, so either it's not related to binder after all, or it
is indeed some form of corruption, but then I wouldn't expect it to
reproduce in the same way every time (or otherwise expect KASAN to
catch it). I'll try to see if I can repro it locally.

Martijn