Re: [GIT PULL] Thermal management updates for v4.17-rc1

From: Zhang Rui
Date: Fri Apr 13 2018 - 01:30:10 EST

On å, 2018-04-12 at 21:08 -0700, Eduardo Valentin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Thu, Apr 12, 2018 at 09:55:19AM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, Apr 11, 2018 at 10:08 PM, Zhang Rui <rui.zhang@xxxxxxxxx>
> > wrote:
> > >

> > > could you please illustrate me what the kconfig & warning is?
> > Just "make allmodconfig" and the warning is about a uninitialized
> > variable.
> >
> > Line 304 in drivers/thermal/samsung/exynos_tmu.c if my shell
> > history
> > is to be believed.
> >
> > ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂLinus
> Yeah, this has also passed my local compilation error. Somehow my
> gcc4.9
> is not catching it. Using an older gcc (gcc4.6) does catch it.

I think there are two problems here

1. Actually, this error has been raised by 0-day earlier.
https://marc.info/?l=linux-pm&m=152107340117077&w=2
Don't know why it still goes into thermal-soc tree.

2. After pulled the thermal-soc changes, I also asked 0-day to run
build test, but I didn't get any warning report (email attached), CC
Philip and Shun to look at this issue.

thanks,
rui