Logitech webcam USB audio breakage during the 4.10 merge window

From: Marius Cirsta
Date: Sat Feb 24 2018 - 20:53:29 EST

I have a problem that was previously reported here:

https://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-usb/msg156999.html

It seems that with the 4.10-rc1 kernel a regression was introduced
that makes my Logitech C310 microphone record a distorted ( chipmunk )
sound. With the 4.9.1 kernel it works perfectly.

Immediately after I plug it into the USB port all is fine but after a
few minutes this problem occurs.

Also if add this the kernel cmd line : usbcore.autosuspend=-1 it
also works fine.

One other thing that I've noticed is that if I make the sampling rate
22K it again works fine so only the 44K and 48K sampling rates have
this problem but unfortunately those are the default that Chromium for
instance uses ( it gets them from pulseaudio )

Let me know if you need any more details or testing.

Regards,

Marius Cirsta ,

mforce2@xxxxxxxxx