Re: [0/8] target-iSCSI: Adjustments for several function implementations

From: SF Markus Elfring
Date: Fri Feb 23 2018 - 03:20:28 EST

> You're 1/8 patch had an actual bug fix hidden amongst the style churn.

It showed the general possibility to adjust the source code structure
for the function âchap_server_compute_md5â also because of the usage
of the single jump label âoutâ before.

> I don't see any such fixes in the other patches.

This view is appropriate.

Further update steps show different transformation possibilities.

> My opinion from https://www.spinics.net/lists/target-devel/msg16342.html
> hasn't changed. FWIW, I'd prefer to see LIO adopt a policy similar to:
> https://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Developer%27s_FAQ#How_not_to_start

It seems that you express a few aspects for general change resistance.
Will the circumstances evolve for similar software improvements?

Regards,
Markus